Henderson is pro-business!
Henderson’s economy – represented by a diversified group of industries – continues to benefit from its location inside Nevada (considered by Chief Executive magazine among the top 10 states in which to do business) as well as inclusion in the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
Predominant business sectors in Henderson include: finance, insurance and real estate firms, retail, education, health and social services. Some of the nation’s best-known names in business have established facilities in Henderson – including Amica, Levi Strauss and Ocean Spray – as their leaders have recognized the pro-business environment Henderson offers. Premier hotel properties, such as Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort, and Green Valley Ranch Resort, also add to the business mix in Henderson.
Additional business climate acclaim for Nevada, the Las Vegas metropolitan area and Henderson include the following:
- The 2014 Kosmont-Rose Cost of Doing Business Survey rated Henderson as a “Very Low Cost City,” analyzing six types of taxes including business license levies, property tax, sales tax and utility taxes in more than 300 cities nationwide.
- The Tax Foundation (2015 data), indicates Nevada still among top 10 states http://taxfoundation.org/article/2015-state-business-tax-climate-index.
- CEO Magazine still ranks Nevada among top 10 states: http://chiefexecutive.net/best-worst-states-business/
- WalletHub ranked Henderson No. 94 of the 150 most populated U.S. cities for the best city to start a business in May 2015. No. 108 for “Access to Resources” and No. 40 for “Business Environment.” https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-to-start-a-business/2281/
- When Law Street Media released their Top Ten Safest cities in November 2014, Henderson was ranked fifth and was the only Nevada city in the ranking, http://lawstreetmedia.com/crime-america-2015-top-10-safest-cities-200000/
Henderson provides a unique location – with easy and affordable transportation – for conducting business for international, national and regional companies and/or offices. Nearby McCarran International Airport is ranked among the top 10 busiest airports in the nation.
With the recent addition of new, modern hospitals and new cutting edge medical research and education facilities such as Touro University, the Medical Education & Research Institute of Nevada (MERIN) and the Nevada Cancer Institute, Southern Nevada is emerging as a premier medical region.
With 12 higher educational institutions located in Henderson and training potential employees, computer and information services companies find resources available in Henderson to help them succeed.
In today’s knowledge driven economy, labor force skills are a key business climate factor. Henderson’s focus on building its higher educational system is a strong fit for companies conducting research and development. In addition, our location makes sense for manufacturing and logistics.